Monday, July 13, 2009

My New Shelving Units

I'm not sure how many people are familiar with Plano Molding? Their products are sold in the Midwest at Menards and Walmart Stores. They mainly sell tackle boxes, storage totes, Ammo Boxes, Gun cases, Shelving Units and the Caboodles brand. The have a factory outlet store in their Plano factory. Sometimes their factory has AWESOME clearance sales. So about 2 weeks ago, my mom and I made the drive when they were having an outdoor tent sale.


We got The large grey shelving unit for $12!! In the store their ussually around $40 or so. The shelving units are pretty heavyduty too. I load then with a ton of weight. It stands about 5 ft tall and is about 2.5 ft wide.




I bought the version with the slates for shelves so dust doesnt accumulate.




The white shelving unit is only about 2 ft wide. I cut the legs with a saws-all and have put 2 sets togeather. This way I dont have a lot of wasted space and can add my can goods to it.





You can also buy the legs and all the different shelf versions seperately by peice. This is very convenient if you cut the legs and just need to add one more shelf.

Having your groceries in plain site like this makes shopping super easy. I try to keep at least 3 months worth of groceries on hand for our family of 3. All I have to do is go downstairs and do a quick count of what we are short of and how many I should pick up.

Next time Plano Molding has a tent sale I plan on going for at least 3 more of the gray shelving units. They are great for my surplus buying and also good to store your camping and hunting supplies on.

No comments:

Post a Comment