Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Got MIlk? Glass that is....

My mom and I share an obsession with Glass. I think it runs in the family. Her family come from West Virginia which is where many of the original glass factories still exist. It's also the home of one of my favorites. Fenton :-) Just saying the word brings a smile to my face haha!

Today is her Birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! I had to post a picture of her present before I wrapped it. I just have to cross my fingers that she doesn't read my blog or it will spoil her surprise.

Her gift consists of a little white basket and a large size banana boat. I discovered a few weeks ago, that she has the matching boat in her living room. Of course my luck! Oh well it's the thought that counts right? At least now she can set one on either side of her curio. How great of a gift did I get! I bought the banana boat in May when we vacationed to Branson. She bought the twin in June or so? I saw it on a shelf in an antique store and knew she had to have it!
As for the little basket, I got her a similar one for Mother's day. She set it out and showed it to everyone so when I saw this one in Goodwill I decided it had to come home with me. She's watching my son and one of her grand dogs this weekend, so I'll give her the gift on Friday. Let's hope she loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment